GCI Comms Limited (we, us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice (together with our end-user licence agreement as set out at here (EULA)) applies to your use of our Bikercomm mobile application software, any updates or supplements to it and the services you connect to via such software (collectively known as the Software).
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is GCI Comms Limited of 6 Broadfield Court, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 0XF, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (submitted information): This is information you give us about you when you sign up for an account with us or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail address. This information is required to administer your account and deal with your enquiries.
- User names and passwords: We store user names and passwords as part of the Software’s core functionality. The passwords are stored in an encrypted form that we cannot decrypt. Your user name will be visible to other users of the Software.
- Profile pictures: If you provide a profile picture we will store this within the Software and it will be visible to other users of the Software. This is optional.
The legal basis for our processing of all of the above categories of data is that the processing is necessary in order for us to provide our services to you pursuant to your use of the Software. We cannot provide services to you unless you provide this information.
We may also use your data internally to develop, maintain and improve the Software, to prevent any unlawful use of the Software and to create statistics to help us identify how the Software is used. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of our business.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If GCI Comms Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of GCI Comms Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not share your personal data with third parties though our secure services are hosted by a third party.
How long we store your information for
We will store your information for as long as you maintain your account with us. If you delete your account then we will delete all of your data immediately.
If your use of the Software is on a subscription basis and you fail to renew, then we will delete your data shortly after the renewal date – usually within two weeks.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Where we require your consent for such processing this will normally be by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. We are entitled to e-mail you about similar services we provide without your consent but only where we provide you with an opportunity to opt out (both at the time we collect your data and when we send each e-mail).
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not have to comply with your request but we would explain why if we believe we are entitled to refuse.
Changes to privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be notified to you by e-mail. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the Software.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice and the processing of your data should be addressed to email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.